1. The original Sims: the best author debut.
- Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow
I haven’t finished reading this book but holy shit. From the very beginning, actually from the very first page, I knew that this book was going to be amazing.
2. The grim reaper: the saddest character death.
- Ren in Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer
- Theodore Finch in All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
For both of these death, I was very attached to the characters and I didn’t see the death coming. Now in retrospect, I think that maybe I should have. But because I was so attached to the characters and their demise came so unexpected, I was thoroughly and completely crushed when they died. I loved both of these characters so much and I still get so sad when I think about them.
3. Sims getting stuck: a character that just got in the way.
I’m sure I have an answer for this. I just can’t think of one right now.
4. Simlish: a book with amazing writing.
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
I loved the writing in this book. It pulled me in and kept me interested in reading such a very long book. I just love this book so much. I find everything about it so amazing.
5. Expansion packs: a series where the books kept on getting better.
- Night World series by L. J. Smith
I loved every single book of his series and I have reread them quite often. Don’t be intimidated that there are 9 books. It’s really worth the investment.
6. Sims romance: the worst case of insta love.
Once again, can’t think of one.
7. Cheats: a book that was entirely unrealistic.
Wow, I’m doing a bad job with this tag.
8. Needs fulfillment: a character who made all the wrong decisions.
- Feyre in A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
I swear that the whole time I was reading this, I was like, “Why, Feyre? Why? You know this is a bad idea yet you choose to do it anyway.” I swear I wanted to hit my head against something so many times during this book.
9. Error code 12: a series that started off great but went downhill from there.
- The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
I will admit that I haven’t finished this series yet. I have to read the last two books still. But all I can say is that it should have stayed a trilogy.
10. The Sims vortex: a book/series that completely engrossed you.
- Splintered series by A. G. Howard
This is one of my favorite series of all time. It was wonderful. It got completely engulfed into the world and it has such a special place in my heart.